Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I'm Thankful for this Thanksgiving

 

Posted by randfish

I'm just going to go crazy with this one because I have so much to be thankful for (note that a lot of this will be Pubcon-centric due to the timing).

  • Getting out of debt and turning SEOmoz into a profitable company - I owe almost all of it to the people who read this blog (and the rest directly to Danny Sullivan).
  • Mystery Guest - I know we struggle when I'm on the road but she's everything to me.
  • Joe Morin who's been a friend through thick and thin
  • My team here at SEOmoz - Matt Gillian Si Rebecca Scott Brandon Jane & Jeff; you're all amazing.
  • Chris Hooley's Drinkbait - that Bombay Sapphire will get me through a hard day next week :)
  • Great people like Todd Malicoat. I can't believe what a geniunely good person he is.
  • Rae Hoffman - for showing me the wonders of Paigow Craps & high-priced call girls at the Wynn (and for being incredibly sweet to me during all of Vegas)
  • Stanford Publishing - I had a fantastic time with Leslie & Beth (photo) in Monterey.
  • Brett Tabke for the invitation to speak at my first Pubcon
  • Scott Aaron & Andy for organizing a terrific lobster & steak dinner in Vegas (despite the fact that I got berated for being a white hat)
  • Mike McDonald from Webpronews who posted a nifty video of me four beers into Pubcon chatting with Lee & Todd about links. Note how I say "like" and "you know" much more frequently than normal - it's practically embarassing :)
  • Kim Krause who's been struggling to balance work and family but still writes one of the most captivating and personal blogs in the tech world.
  • Three pro football games on Thanksgiving - thanks NFL (even if the first game is Miami v. Detroit)
  • Wil from ThinkSeer with whom I exchanged only a few words at Pubcon but was thorougly impressed and blown away by his kindness.
  • Lee Odden who's terrific staff members Karen & Jolena were incredibly friendly and warm throughout the conference (Lee also shot this short video of me and has a whole set of great videos from the conference here).
  • Google Yahoo! MSN and Ask who've given all of us a profession.
  • Barry Schwartz's keen photographic skills (and Flickr on the whole for being such a great photo resource).
  • Bob Rains who flat out rocks.
  • Maybe most of all I'm thankful that tomorrow I get to spend the day with my family eating talking and sharing time together. You can't ask for more than that.

I'm sure I've forgotten a ton of people and will have to make amends next week. Until then...

View Comments


  posted by Smile Community @ 12:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search


Web W-master

Home

Previous Post

*Web Ceo: A good value for who?

*Are you on the first page in the search engines?

*Put Chikita as your AdSense alternate URL

*Reflections On A Week in Toronto

*Oh Reddit Thy Mystery is Infinite

*Are you on the first page in the search engines?

*Amazon Include Gift Certificates in Referral Program

*Are you on the first page in the search engines?

*Increase AdSense Earnings with Competitive Ad Filter

*7 Steps to Better Business Blogging

Archives

*February 2006

*March 2006

*April 2006

*May 2006

*August 2006

*September 2006

*October 2006

*November 2006

*December 2006

Partner Links

Best Offers

RSS Feeds

TOP Blog Links

BlogOmg >> The Best and Most Popular Blogs
Ping Your Blog!
Name:
URL:
Powered By: PingTheEmpire.com